Hey there, thanks for commenting on my drawing of Azusa! I'll do my best to help you out. Here we go...
- Poses are cute and lively.
- Characters have unique designs, even if you were directly influenced by Vocaloid.
- Crown and star motifs are generally well-placed, though I think an arch like this:
(_\ | /_) <--- would be better.
- Colors are bright and vivid to match the tone of the image.
THINGS TO IMPROVE:
- Lineart. Your lines are quite wobbly from up-close. Mine are, too--the trick is to draw it big, like you did, and scale it down to a more manageable size. The lines will clean themselves up.
- It's really hard to incorporate all the colors nicely. It can look mismatched. It's definitely NOT "crappy," though. Just try to limit your color palette and study the color wheel.
- Clutter. I really like the crown and stars, but the green circles and the wing in the background seem out-of-place. Be careful not to mistake clutter for detail.
Overall, this is very cute, fun piece. I definitely get an electric vibe. ^^ Please keep drawing and posting on NG! I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to continue helping you.
Thanks a bunch for the tips! And for the comment to. I've been fearing that I wouldn't be noticed anymore, so I kept on announcing in my comment, thought I think the FAQ said I shouldn't, so I feel bad for doing it. But frustrated as well, becouse nothing happens. :(
That's why keep advetising. But guys like you make my heart cheer up, when you comment tips this good. ^v^
One of My New Favorite Artists
I LOVE this. You say in your current news post that you dislike bullshitting meaning, but I easily see potential for some very poignant messages in this self-portrait. I know age shouldn't matter when it comes to art, but I can't believe you're only 15! You have an extremely unique sense of design and color that I really envy. I hope you continue this trend of psychedelic themes as you become an even better artist--your work is so refreshing!! Other than "practice, practice," the only criticism I have for you is to be mindful of composition. It seems we share the tendency to center the focal point in most pieces, but that method gets old fast. You're already experimenting with design and color, so take that sense to as many levels as you can. Push yourself!
Ah thank you man!
Yeah, I'm experimenting with new stuff now, still gotta work on giving actual meanings to art, but oh well, it will come. (:
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.